For the First time, Bio Daily Writing Contest’21 is open for submissions of life science articles from students around the world.
This annual competition offers you the opportunity to stand out from your peers, enhance your knowledge, and have your work published to a large number of readers.
Great chance to win exciting prizes
We recommend that you read our FAQs and Writing guidelines before you start writing your article. (Given below)
**Last Date of submission: 7th March, 2021
#1st Prize: 1000Tk, Certificate, Official Content Writer Offer letter.
#2nd Prize: 800Tk, Certificate, Official Content Writer Offer letter.
#3rd Prize: 500Tk, Certificate, Official Content Writer Offer letter.
#4th-10th Prize: Certificate, Official Content Writer Offer letter.
- Health and Medicine
- Disease Biology and Epidemiology
- Plant Science
- Animal Science
- Agricultural Science
- Women and Child Health
- Environmental Science
- History of Discovery
- Biography of Scientists
- Food and Nutrition
1. Original article. You must not copy from others.
2. Times new roman font for English and Avro keyboard for Bengali Article.
3. Font size should be 12
4. Add relevant figure with a caption. To mention any list use bullet points
5. Title should write at the top of the article
6. Mention your name, department and institute at the end of your article
7. Mention the source of information or references at the bottom of your article.
8. Submit in MS Word Doc file format.
9. If this article was already published on other platforms it will not be accepted.
10. There is no word limit (500-2000 is recommended)
- Who are the competition judges, and what are they looking for?
The judges are scientific researchers. They will assess your essay based on topic, relevance, writing style and grammar, interest to a general audience, and factual accuracy. You should remember that our audience is quite broad, ranging from School students to PhD students, and even some professors! You should try to write at a level that would be simple enough for someone who has an interest in science, but isn’t an expert in the topic you are writing about.
- Can my essay exceed the 2000-word limit?
We cannot accept articles that exceed the maximum -2000 word limit.
- Can I include a bibliography?
A bibliography is not a requirement of the competition. However, if you wish to include a list of articles you used at the end of your essay, these will not count towards the word limit.
- Is my year group eligible?
You must be a student of school (Class-10), college or University.
- Can I include images in my article?
Yes you can but it should have good quality, proper caption and source link
- Can I write an article with my friend?
We cannot accept articles that have been co-authored. Your article must be entirely your own work.
- When is the deadline?
The deadline is 28 February 2021, 11:59 PM
- Can I submit more than one article?
We will only accept one submission per applicant. In the event that you accidentally submit your article twice, we will accept only the last article that you submit.
- I made a mistake when I uploaded my article! Can I upload it again?
Yes. We will accept only the last article written by each student, so if you made a mistake, you can simply fill out the form again and send the correct version. If you are worried about having submitted your article incorrectly, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure we have the correct version!
- How will I know if I am the winner?
You will be notified through email and Mobile SMS.
- I have a great idea for an article, but I’m not sure it is relevant to the topic. What should I do?
Articles that show “outside of the box thinking” can be good for a number of reasons – they can grab the judges’ attention and can be really interesting for the audience. However, an article that is too far detached from the topic won’t be considered if it does not answer the question. Be sure to explain why you think your article is relevant if it’s not entirely obvious!
- Please can you provide feedback on my article?
Due to the high number of submissions we receive, it is unlikely that we will be able to provide individual feedback about a submission.
- What should I do if my question isn’t answered here?
If you have any questions about the competition, please email email@example.com or call +8801792026996